Thursday, March 26, 2015

Kettle Corn

So my sister had made this at a few parties at her house.  It is so delicious!  I don't care for kettle corn popped in a microwave bag, but this I could eat and eat!  I want to try this next time with coconut oil, but I used canola this time around.  I also used white kernels because it's what I had but I'm sure it would be just as delish with yellow.  Originally this came off the allrecipes website, but my sister added the salt to it.  Someone commented you could also use brown sugar instead of white and it will taste like caramel corn.

Ingredients
1/4 cup oil (I suggest canola or coconut)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/4-1/2 tsp salt

Directions
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Once hot, add 3 popcorn kernels and wait for them to pop.  Once all 3 have popped, add the rest of the kernels and carefully sprinkle the sugar over the top.  I found I had to quickly stir it around a little with a spoon before I put the lid on but you might not have to do this.  Cover and shake back and forth constantly over the heat to keep from burning.  Once the popping has slowed to every 2-3 seconds, remove from heat and continue to shake until the popping has stopped.  Open the lid carefully and sprinkle the top with salt.  Put the lid back on and shake around to mix in the salt.  Pour into a large bowl and allow to cool.  Makes about 10 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment