Sunday, December 1, 2013

Flourless Oatmeal Cookies


I made these cookies with my girls since I am trying not to eat gluten, so I needed a flourless cookie.  These were very yummy!  I made one batch with mini chocolate chips and one batch, I made with walnuts and craisins....

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups oatmeal (GF if needed)
1 Tbsp cornstarch
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder (GF)
1/4 tsp salt
8 Tbsp unsalted butter (I used salted and it was fine) at room temperature (or use dairy free if needed)
6 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg (or use flax seed option on right)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup chocolate chips OR....
1/3 cup craisins & 1/3 cup chopped walnuts

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a blender or coffee grinder or food processor, process 3/4 cup oats into a fine meal. Mix together ground oats, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
  2. In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. With mixer on low, gradually add oat mixture, beating until combined. Fold in chocolate chips or craisins and walnuts, and remaining oats.
  3. In batches, drop dough in 2-tablespoonful mounds onto a baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are golden brown at edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment