Thursday, April 25, 2013

Light Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing

I set out to find a delicious light dressing.  I love my Nana's poppy seed dressing, but it is not really diet friendly.  I am doing Weight Watchers and needed to find a yummy dressing.  This is more than I could have hoped for.  I am not a huge salad person.  I like a good salad, but I'm not one to go order one at a restaurant usually or anything.  I LOVE this dressing!  I will eat this on a diet or not!  I have been eating it almost every day on a salad, sometimes twice a day.  My favorite combo so far is romaine, sunflower seeds, and craisins with this dressing.  I actually went to the store and bought 2 other light dressings that I found a website had rated as some of the top best light dressing.  I do not even want to touch those now due to this dressing.  It is a sweet and creamy, delicious dressing!  I know this would be wonderful on a spinach and strawberry salad.  I've also put grilled chicken on my salad and it's yummy that way too!  It is also super easy to make!

Ingredients
1/2 cup light mayo (I like to use the Kraft one made with Olive Oil)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk (1% or fat free)
2 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp poppy seeds

Directions
Combine all in a small jar, put on lid, shake vigorously until combined.  Store in fridge.

Weight Watcher Points/Calories: 2 Tbsp is only 1 point or 61 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment