Saturday, January 29, 2011

Taco Lasagna

When I was going through my recipes and labeling them as budget friendly meals (under $10), I realized my yummy Mexican Lasagna was not under $10 to make. So, I decided to change a few things and make it "budget friendly," and this is what I came up with. It was so yummy! This is also a great prepare ahead of time or freezer meal.

Ingredients
-9 soft taco size flour tortillas (use 12 corn for gluten/wheat free)
-1 lb ground turkey or beef
-1 small onion, chopped
-2 cups corn (frozen or 1 can)
-1 packet of taco seasoning or my homemade taco seasoning-1 can refried beans (I use fat free for heart healthy)
-1 can tomatoes (I like petite diced and/or I put them in the blender for a few seconds for my kids' sake)
-2 cups Mexican blend cheese (I use reduced fat for heart healthy)

Directions
Brown your ground meat in a large skillet with onion, drain, and return to pan. Add corn, tomatoes, and taco seasoning and bring to a boil, and then let simmer 5-10 minutes. Spray 9x13 casserole dish. Spread 1/4 of the meat mixture in the bottom of your pan. Top with 3 tortillas (I like to put split my 3rd tortilla and place each straight side against the short sides of the pan, check out the pictures on my Mexican lasagna page if you aren't sure what I mean). Spread half of the refried beans over the tortillas. Top with 1/4 of the meat mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat this layer. Add 3 more tortillas, the rest of the meat mixture and remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Serve with sour cream if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment