Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Black Bean and Salsa Soup


Wow! I just realized today is my 100th post!!! I can't believe I've done that many recipes and it's now been over a year since I started this. For those who have tried my recipes, visited my site, and/or told others about my blog, thank you so much!!! You keep me going to want to try more and keep posting on this blog. I will never post something I didn't like myself. Thank you again!

I made this soup for lunch today, and it was oh so delicious! I found it on allrecipes.com. It's super easy to make, quick, high in fiber, low in fat, and very tasty! I will definitely be making this often for my lunches now. :-) I got to talking to a friend on the phone and let mine simmer a little longer than I meant to, so it thickened more than I think it would have.

Ingredients
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (I used chicken instead)
1 cup salsa (I used mild)
1 tsp ground cumin
4 tbsp sour cream (optional or can use light or fat free)
2 tbsp thinly sliced green onions (about 2 green onions, only green part)Directions
Add beans, broth, salsa, and cumin to a blender or food processor. Blend until fairly smooth. Pour into a large pot and heat on medium until thoroughly heated through (about 10 minutes). Ladle soup into bowls and if desired, top with 1 tbsp sour cream and 1/2 tbsp green onion per bowl. Makes about 4 - 1 cup servings. This would also be good served with tortilla chips.

Crockpot: Add beans, broth, salsa, and cumin to a blender or food processor. Blend until fairly smooth. Pour into crockpot.  Stir, cover, and cook on low 4-6 hours.

WW points: 1.5 points per cup (without sour cream)

No comments:

Post a Comment