Thursday, October 1, 2009

Beefy Baked Ravioli

I made this last night, and it turned out yummy with everyone requesting seconds. I actually easily doubled the recipe and made 2 pans and put one in the fridge (or you could freeze it) for an easy 2nd dinner one night. It was easy to double b/c you use the whole package of ravioli, a 26oz jar of spaghetti sauce, 28oz can of tomatoes, and 8oz of each shredded cheese. Mine looks a little soupy because I forgot to drain the tomatoes, and I do wish I had because it was a little tomato-y but still yummy. :-) It did have a lot of sauce, so after we eat the 2nd pan I made, I think next time I will try just using the whole bag of frozen ravioli in one pan.
Ingredients



  • 1 pound ground beef (I used lean ground turkey) (omit for vegetarian option)

  • 1/2 (25 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli

  • 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce

  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained

  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Directions


  1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

  2. Crumble the ground beef (or turkey) into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until no longer pink. Drain grease, then stir in the spaghetti sauce and drained tomatoes.

  3. Spread 1/3 of the sauce in the bottom of an 11x7 inch baking dish (I used 9x13 because it's what I have). Arrange 1/2 of the ravioli over the sauce. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the Monterey Jack cheese over the ravioli. Repeat layers, ending with the last of the sauce on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.

  4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment