Monday, August 3, 2009

Mexican Corn Cake

So... I wanted to make a corn cake that didn't have eggs in it. I have gotten the Mexican Chi Chi's corn cake before, and it's so awesome, and I think I remembered what was in it, but it's hard to find the mix. So.... I used a jiffy cornbread mix and made up my own, and it turned out amazing! I served it with my soft tacos the other night when my Pastor and his family came over for dinner. They rant and raved and just about fought for the corn cake. My Pastor's comment, when I said I should have made more, was that I couldn't possibly have made enough. If you like corn cake, this is so easy and cheap, you have to try it!

Ingredients
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix (or use Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix Clone recipe)
1 can cream corn
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup waterDirections
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a sprayed 2 liter baking dish. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Is that like that one we used to get that we added the cream corn too??? If I wasn't trying to lose weight, I would try this. It sounds delicious!!!
    (And I am so proud of my little girl making up her own recipes too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mom! And yes, it is very much like the recipe we used to make, so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making a new recipe for supper that is white chili and was thinking I needed some cornbread to go with it. Didn't care for the Jiffy mix last time I had it but had some in the cupboard and cream corn. So, I quick pulled up your site, carried my laptop in as my recipe "card" and mixed up some of this. It is baking now in the oven. Love you!

    ReplyDelete